Newgistics is a company that suppliers use to process mainly return shipping. I was sending a product in to a CashForLaptops for evaluation and the drop off was to a USPS location. However, after receiving my receipt from the Post Office, there was no tracking information. When I tried to track the package on USPS website it stated it was "Dropped Off to Shipping Partner." I was then emailed by CashForLaptops, a tracking number to be entered into the Newgistics tracking system. This is where things went downhill drastically.
1. The tracking information is not updated REAL TIME! The product could be at a location for days, before the tracking information reflects this. I was notified by CashForLaptops my product was received, this was not updated by Newgistics until two days after delivery.
2. There is no email sign up for notifications during the delivery process, unlike most major carriers (UPS, FedEx, and USPS). You have to proactively watch their tracking system and guess delivery is expected.
3. Progress details are limited. Their system will only say "Scanned" or "In Transit." The "In Transit" never states the location it is being transported to. Also, they never update or even populate the Estimated Delivery. This is probably because THEY do not know the estimated delivery themselves with there slow and unreliable system.
4. Your product WILL BE delivered to TWO or more NEWGISTICS facilities before arriving at your destination. My product shipping from TX to NV, went from TX to IN then to NV. I have no clue as to why it was shipped east before going west.
From personal experience, just avoid them altogether. If a vendor wants you to send them your product using NEWGISTICS, just pay for return shipping yourself with a reputable shipper so you know they will receive the product.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Tracking page
- Delivery time
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is..."
- "I have tried writing Emirates Air line for the past 2 months with no logical respond from them, I got my luggage at SFO airport smashed and torn and open..."
- "We mailed 3 DVD disks to my friend in China. After the package got received, Fedex sent us an invoice saying that we owe them $44286.10. We called the invoice..."
- "I do not own a Lennar home, but I have lived next to a model home for over one year. I have had major drainage problems with their property draining..."
- "The product I bought was the Tarkett Transcend AC622 Acacia Tamarin. Wow in the store looks great and very nice. Don’t be fooled it is the worst piece of material...."
- "Untrustworty Review SystemSep 21, 2010wwwvrbocom20213 says:DislikesOtherPoor customer supportComments:This site has a bogus and worthless traveler review system. The systemhas no quality control measures to validate reviews. The reviews aresubjective and..."
- "Let’s start it all over because I think Airbnb don’t have any idea about the absurdness of what’s happening. Airbnb said that: “Airbnb really appreciates what I’ve been doing..."
- "We got the buy two Samsung phones, get a free 50" smart TV. We got the free TV within the 6-8 weeks, but when we got it, we pulled..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."