Newgistics - Avoid Using For Return Shipping, Pay for UPS/FedEx Yourself
Newgistics is a company that suppliers use to process mainly return shipping. I was sending a product in to a CashForLaptops for evaluation and the drop off was to a USPS location. However, after receiving my receipt from the Post Office, there was no tracking information. When I tried to track the package on USPS website it stated it was "Dropped Off to Shipping Partner." I was then emailed by CashForLaptops, a tracking number to be entered into the Newgistics tracking system. This is where things went downhill drastically.
1. The tracking information is not updated REAL TIME! The product could be at a location for days, before the tracking information reflects this. I was notified by CashForLaptops my product was received, this was not updated by Newgistics until two days after delivery.
2. There is no email sign up for notifications during the delivery process, unlike most major carriers (UPS, FedEx, and USPS). You have to proactively watch their tracking system and guess delivery is expected.
3. Progress details are limited. Their system will only say "Scanned" or "In Transit." The "In Transit" never states the location it is being transported to. Also, they never update or even populate the Estimated Delivery. This is probably because THEY do not know the estimated delivery themselves with there slow and unreliable system.
4. Your product WILL BE delivered to TWO or more NEWGISTICS facilities before arriving at your destination. My product shipping from TX to NV, went from TX to IN then to NV. I have no clue as to why it was shipped east before going west.
From personal experience, just avoid them altogether. If a vendor wants you to send them your product using NEWGISTICS, just pay for return shipping yourself with a reputable shipper so you know they will receive the product.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Tracking page
- Delivery time
- Review category
You May Also Like
- " The Manager, LBC Express Inc. at sa mga Kinauukulan, Ako po si Ricardo A. Del Rosario na wastong edad na nakatira sa Angono Rizal ay sumulat sa inyong tanggapan..."
- "I had sold an item and had Central Transport for the carrier to ship from Missouri to Florida. My product was securely strapped to the pallet and wrapped. ..."
- "I was expecting my delivery yesterday since the tracker indicated that my delivery is out for delivery. Early this morning, i checked again the the tracker since I haven't receive..."
- "Think carefully prior to spending your money online with this company. The dress I ordered online appeared to be a beautiful emerald green, yet the dress I received was..."
- "I bought a toddler to twin size lightning McQueen car bed with built in toy box and working headlights for my two year old son, everything looked great eccept a..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."