Newgistics - Avoid Using For Return Shipping, Pay for UPS/FedEx Yourself
Newgistics is a company that suppliers use to process mainly return shipping. I was sending a product in to a CashForLaptops for evaluation and the drop off was to a USPS location. However, after receiving my receipt from the Post Office, there was no tracking information. When I tried to track the package on USPS website it stated it was "Dropped Off to Shipping Partner." I was then emailed by CashForLaptops, a tracking number to be entered into the Newgistics tracking system. This is where things went downhill drastically.
1. The tracking information is not updated REAL TIME! The product could be at a location for days, before the tracking information reflects this. I was notified by CashForLaptops my product was received, this was not updated by Newgistics until two days after delivery.
2. There is no email sign up for notifications during the delivery process, unlike most major carriers (UPS, FedEx, and USPS). You have to proactively watch their tracking system and guess delivery is expected.
3. Progress details are limited. Their system will only say "Scanned" or "In Transit." The "In Transit" never states the location it is being transported to. Also, they never update or even populate the Estimated Delivery. This is probably because THEY do not know the estimated delivery themselves with there slow and unreliable system.
4. Your product WILL BE delivered to TWO or more NEWGISTICS facilities before arriving at your destination. My product shipping from TX to NV, went from TX to IN then to NV. I have no clue as to why it was shipped east before going west.
From personal experience, just avoid them altogether. If a vendor wants you to send them your product using NEWGISTICS, just pay for return shipping yourself with a reputable shipper so you know they will receive the product.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Tracking page
- Delivery time
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "ang cartoonnko sira at mga damage ang sa loob at my nawawala ..."
- "I was expecting 4 packages delivered by UPS today. We stayed home all day waiting for them. Daylight came and went and no packages, so I checked my..."
- "I sent 2 separate shipments with LBC - pick up dates were Sept 12th and Sept 26th. Both were promptly picked up at the appointed time. Things started..."
- "I'm a great fun of Tommy Hilfiger products, however, this SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN Sweater i bought right before new year come with the cheapest quality, just after wearing it for..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "A friend found Carlos Catala/Carriers4Less for me. My son had just gone up to Virginia after finishing his A School for his Naval assignment. Instead of doing my own due..."
- "I hate and I mean hate this company 17%....really and my car payment is $479. This was the worst mistake ever. This was my first car loan and I was..."
- "I was in place to shoot with Hasan I text him to confirm timing and if we could make the shoot happen. I was told it will be a 900$..."